Over ONE THOUSAND downloads and growing! 100% FREE!
For those new to Buddhism, trying to learn and understand the religion can be confusing, complex, and overwhelming especially when you don't have a lot of time.
That's where you'll find this "Buddhism Starter Pack" to be beneficial in your journey!
Buddhist author Alan Peto and Buddhist monk Los Angeles Sanathavihari Bhikkhu introduce Buddhism and explain Buddhist teachings and beliefs in this new book meant for beginners. This "starter pack" introduces the Buddhist religion, its core teachings, beliefs, practices, and concepts.
Here is What You Get (all for FREE!):
- Buddhism in 10 Steps eBook: You get the book in high-quality Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format so you can view on any device or print it out. Whenever there are updates to the book, you can get it right from your Gumroad downloads library at any time! (Be sure to create a password so you have an account for easy access) - 50 pages
- Quick Reference Infographic: A one-page infographic showing the key Buddhist concepts and teachings of: the Four Noble Truths, the Noble Eightfold Path, the Five Precepts, and the Triple Gem.
- Daily Buddhist Practice Poster: A one-page poster that gives you an easy-to-follow list for a daily practice rooted in the Buddhist traditions and teachings to help you when you are just starting out without a tradition to follow.
- Buddhist Sitting Meditation Poster: A one-page poster that provides basic instruction on sitting meditation, postures, and techniques.
- Videos: Links to three of our videos featuring Buddhism in 10 Steps companion video, breathing meditation practice, and becoming a Buddhist virtually.
We are offering this for FREE to support those who are new to Buddhism and would like assistance in starting out in the religion. Just place the number zero (0) in the price box.
The eBook "Buddhism in 10 Steps"
- Ten one-page explanations of key Buddhist teachings and other topics to give you a solid footing in the religion.
- You will find purposely short paragraphs, bullet points, and bolding of key points and words throughout the book.
- Also included are "how-to" articles and a variety of supplemental information in the appendixes.
Several beautiful Buddhist pictures can also be found throughout the book introducing you to the world of different Buddhist traditions and Buddhist art:
Looking for the paperback version of this book?
Find it on Amazon:Get the Kindle or Paperback book on Amazon
or our Spanish language edition:En español (Buddhismo en 10 Pasos)
Infographics & Posters
In addition to the eBook, you also get three (3) complimentary infographics by Alan providing:
- Quick reference to Buddhism
- Buddhist sitting meditation
- Quick daily Buddhist practice
(these infographics, and much more, can also be found in Alan's Buddhist Graphics & Resources Super Pack).
To help you understand and practice Buddhism we have included some multimedia! They are provided as links so you can watch and listen to them on YouTube or your podcast app of choice.
- "Buddhism in 10 Steps" companion video which walks you through the ten topics we have in the book.
- "Breathing Meditation" helps you with starting a breathing meditation practice.
- "Become a Buddhist Virtually" allows you to actually become a Buddhist if you don't have a temple nearby.
- "Buddhism in 10 Steps Podcast Episode" features Alan and Sanathavihari discussing the book and the topics in the book.
Contents of the Book:
- Essay by Sanathavihari Bhikkhu: Buddhism is Everything
- Essay by Alan Peto: Buddhism is Freedom
- 1 – What is Buddhism?
- 2 – Who was the Buddha?
- 3 – What did the Buddha Teach?
- 4 – What are the Four Noble Truths?
- 5 – What is the Noble Eightfold Path?
- 6 – What is Dependent Origination?
- 7 – What is Karma?
- 8 – What is Not-Self?
- 9 – What is Rebirth?
- 10 – What is Nirvāṇa?
- How to Meditate
- How to Study the Buddhist Teachings
- How to Practice Buddhism in Everyday Life
- How to Visit a Buddhist Temple
- How to Become a Buddhist
- Appendix A: Books, Videos, Websites, & Podcasts
- Appendix B: Buddhist Scriptures
- Appendix C: Buddhist Traditions
- Appendix D: Buddhist Practice
- Appendix E: Buddhist Religion
- Appendix F: Buddhist Cosmology
- Appendix G: Buddhist Masters
This book and graphics are copyright by Alan Peto and Sanathavihari Bhikkhu, All Rights Reserved, and are considered to be the Intellectual Property of Alan Peto and Sanathavihari Bhikkhu and are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Title 17 Chapter 512 (c)(3), and international copyright laws. Reproduction or re-publication of this content is prohibited without permission. You may use it for your own personal private use. Please do not post to your blog/website, file-sharing services, publications, commercial use, etc., unless you have obtained permission (www.alanpeto.com/contact). Included infographics are copyright by Alan Peto, all rights reserved.
How to Download:
- We are offering this for FREE to support those who are new to Buddhism and would like assistance in starting out in the religion. Just place the number zero (0) in the price box.
- If you wish to show your support, you can optionally give whatever you feel is a fair value for this book and resources, such as 1 for $1, or 5 for $5, etc. Just place the number you wish to give in the price box. This is NOT required or expected, but always greatly appreciated. Contributions go to Alan's account.
- No Risk: If you're not 100% satisfied with the purchase, or it's not what you were expecting, just reply to the download email (or, email firstname.lastname@example.org) within 30 days, and you'll get a full refund. No questions asked.
Here's What You Get: