GET THE ORIGINAL BOOK! "14-Day Buddhist Planner for the COVID-19 Pandemic" by clicking here (free).
As the COVID-19 pandemic changes, lockdowns, and other restrictions ending, how does a Buddhist reintegrate back into a changing world? A world that has changed due to the causes and conditions of the pandemic is different from the one we left. Just like a Buddhist monk returning to a village after meditating in the forest for a long time, we must also be mindful of the changes that occurred to society - and us - while we were away.
This book is a follow-up and companion to our original book, "The 14-Day Buddhist Daily Planner for the COVID-19 Pandemic". It is designed to help Buddhists with "reintegrating" back into a changed world and society that has been shaped by not only the pandemic, but our changed experiences and that of others. As we return to places, people, and experiences we may find them different than we left them, and that is where this new 7-day practice aligned with the Buddhist teachings comes in.
Sanathavihari Bhikkhu and Alan Peto provide a supportive and guided practice for new or experienced Buddhists that is designed for both Theravāda and Mahāyāna Buddhists.
While this book was created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, it can also be used for anyone "returning home" after being away, such as those on a long military deployment, in the hospital, moved away for work, etc.
NOTE: Since the COVID-19 pandemic has ended, this eBook is offered "as-is" in archive status. This means that websites and other information will no longer be updated.
Some of the content of the book/planner include:
- Two introductory essays: "The Buddha's Return Home" and "Returning to a Changed World"
Two scriptures: The Sigalaka Sutta and The Sutra on the Eight Realizations of Great Beings
- 7-Day Daily Practice for Reintegration. Topics include Impermanence, Interdependence, Greed, Anger, Loving Kindness (Metta), Compassion & Generosity, and Helping Others.
Recommendations for online practices, e-Books, articles, and more.
- Instructions on how to meditate
- Overview of the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path as it relates to COVID-19 and reintegration.
What You Get:
- Book: You get the guide in high-quality Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format so you can view on any device or print it out. You also get two eBook formats for your Reader (such as a Kindle). Whenever there are updates to the guide, you can get it right from the downloads page at any time!
- Motivational Posters: You will also get two "Reintegration" posters (.PDF) featuring a beautiful image that includes a statue of the Buddha and a supportive quote from the Dhammapada. These two posters are designed to be inspirational and motivational in nature related to reintegration.
- Daily Practice Posters: Finally, you get seven (7) daily practice posters - each one has a main image and scriptural quote, and on the back is the daily meditative practice. These are all found in the book, however, we included them as these separate extras so you can have them posted in your home or cubicle to help remind you of that day's practice.
- Checklist: The book features a 7-day practice. To remind you of the topic for that day, and what the meditative practice is, this checklist can remind you of what you have accomplished, and what is next.
- Audio: A podcast episode by Alan Peto and daily guided meditations by Sanathavihari Bhikkhu.
You can view an example of the inside of the guide, the two posters, an example daily practice poster, and the checklist in the main banner at the top of this page (use the arrows to cycle through the images).
How to Download:
We are offering this for FREE to support everyone who are reintegrating back into society after the global pandemic. Just place the number zero (0) in the price box. That's it! We want you to receive this eBook (and the other items) as a gift to help you through this difficult time!
(If you wish to show your support, you can optionally give whatever you feel is a fair value for this book and resources, such as 1 for $1, or 5 for $5, etc. Just place the number you wish to give in the price box. This is NOT required or expected, but always greatly appreciated.)
First Edition: August 2021
Second Edition: October 2021
If you wish to let others know about this resource, kindly provide others the link to this page so they can get their own copy and download the most current version: https://alanpeto.gumroad.com/l/BuddhistReturningHome